Sunbeds offer a convenient way to achieve a beautiful tan, regardless of the weather or season. To make the most out of your sunbed sessions, it’s essential to understand how to maximize your experience. In this blog post, we will provide you with valuable tips and tricks to help you achieve a perfect, long-lasting tan while prioritizing your skin’s health and safety.
Before starting your sunbed sessions, our friendly salon staff will assist you with working out your skin type. This will help achieve your tanning goals, and lets us recommend the appropriate tanning schedule and exposure time for you. This step is crucial in ensuring a personalised and safe experience.
PREPARE YOUR SKIN:
To achieve an even and long-lasting tan, it’s important to properly prepare your skin before each sunbed session:
- Exfoliation: Gently exfoliate your skin a day or two before your session to remove dead skin cells. This promotes an even tan and helps prevent patchy or uneven coloration.
- Clean Skin: Ensure your skin is free from any lotions, oils, or makeup before entering the sunbed. These products can create a barrier and hinder the tanning process.
Protecting your eyes during sunbed sessions is crucial to avoid damage from UV rays. Always wear goggles specifically designed for indoor tanning. These goggles will shield your eyes from harmful UV radiation while allowing you to enjoy your session comfortably.
MOISTURISE YOUR SKIN
Hydrated skin not only looks healthier but also tans more evenly and retains its glow for longer. Prior to your sunbed session, moisturize your skin using a gentle, oil-free lotion. Pay special attention to areas prone to dryness, such as elbows, knees, and ankles. Make sure you are using a tanning lotion formulated for indoor tanning for best tanning results!
If you are new to sunbeds or have fair skin, it’s essential to start with shorter exposure times to allow your skin to adjust. Gradually increase the exposure time as your skin develops a base tan. This approach helps minimize the risk of sunburn and overexposure.
UV exposure can dehydrate your body, so it’s crucial to stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water before, during, and after your sunbed session to replenish lost fluids and keep your skin hydrated from within.
POST TANNING CARE
After each sunbed session, take care of your skin to maintain its health and prolong your tan:
- Moisturise: Apply a nourishing, after-sun lotion to moisturise your skin and prevent dryness. This will help your tan last longer and keep your skin supple.
- Avoid Hot Showers and Excessive Exfoliation: Hot showers and harsh exfoliation can strip away your tan faster. Opt for lukewarm water and gentle exfoliation techniques to preserve your tan.
- Protect Your Skin: Even with a tan, it’s important to continue protecting your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an adequate SPF when exposed to sunlight.