Manufacturer Aftercare Suggestions
Please do not eat or drink anything other than water for 30 minutes after whitening teeth.
To ensure your teeth do not suffer discolouration after they have been whitened it is important to eat only white foods for the first 12 hours. The pores of your teeth take up to 12 hours to close after whitening teeth and any coloured food will sink into the pores and stain.It is also important that you do not smoke for 12 hours after whitening teeth as this will also cause discolouration.
Please find below some examples of things you can and cannot eat and drink immediately following your teeth whitening...
Foods you CAN eat straight after your treatment
- Turkey (dry or boiled with no fat)
- Chicken (dry or boiled with no fat)
- White Fish (eg Cod, Plaice or Haddock)
- White Beans
- Potatoes (boiled, mashed or baked. You must not eat the skin or have butter). Please note though that you cannot have chips
- White pitta bread
- White rice
- White pasta
- White pasta sauce
- Rice Krispies (with skimmed milk only)
- White Chewing Gum
- Skimmed milk
- Still or sparkling water
- Tonic water
- White Wine
Other Things to Note
Only brush with white toothpaste for 12 hours after your treatment (do not use coloured toothpaste).
Do not use mouthwash for 12 hours after your treatment.
Do not smoke for 12 hours after your treatment.
Foods you CANNOT eat straight after your treatment
- Green Beans
- White bread
- Brown bread
- Wholegrain bread
- Bread rolls, baguettes, pizza etc
- Brown rice
- Coloured pasta
- Coloured pasta sauces
- Any coloured or chocolate based cereals
- Wheat based cereals
- Chocolate (not even white chocolate!)
- Full fat milk
- Any coloured juice including Coke, Irn Bru
- Orange juice
- Red Wine